The aim of the school is to provide Education for Life and Eternity. In fulfilling this, we shall operate a module operandi which is strictly based on a broad and balanced range of effective quality learning opportunities in an ideal learning environment for EXCELLENCE AND RAISING PROFICIENT LEADERS FOR THE WORLD!
- POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of STANDARD FOUNDATION COLLEGE to admit all students without regard to race, colour or national origin. All candidates are afforded equal opportunity to qualify according to the set criteria for admission to the school.
It is obligatory for all candidates to have completed the English National Curriculum or an equivalent Year 6 syllabus to gain entry into the secondary school irrespective of the year they wish to enter. Pupils found to have contravened this requirement will be requested to withdraw from the school.
An Application / Admission Form must be obtained from the schools’ Admissions office OR Admission officer which must be duly filled. This form goes for ₦5,000 thousand naira only which is actually not refundable. Students for Year 7 class must be 10 by December 31st of the year of admission.
Submission of the Application Form with the following documents attached:
- 2 recent passport photograph
- Medical Report from either a private or general hospital stating clearly the health condition of the ward(s)
- Photocopies of past academic record of the candidates reflecting at least one year performance prior to the year of admission.
Arrange an individual visit to the school.
Year 7 and Mid-stream entry will sit for an entrance exam on a given date (published and duly communicated). Candidates are tested in Mathematics, English and General Science at the entrance examination.
Exam marks will be communicated to the candidates’ parent either electronically or manually.
Successful candidates will receive provisional admission letter; only CANDIDATES who qualify/pass the entrance exam will be afforded provisional admission and the opportunity for an interview with the Principal.
The interview must be attended by BOTH / EITHER ONE OF THE parents.
Methods of communicating the outcome of the admission’s application:
- Face to face communication
- Text messages
- A Parent may collect the admission letter from the office.
Fees can be paid once or in two instalments:
- 1st Instalment: Payment of the Registration Fee and Development Levy must be made WITHIN TEN (10) working days after receiving the offer letter.
- 2nd Instalment: Parents are required to respond within the timeline. Only Standard Foundation College Management reserves the right for admission.
No child will be admitted to classes until all registration and post admission forms are received, medical reports have been submitted, and registration fees and school fees are paid.
Enrolment for the new session commences in July and orientation day for new students is usually in September
Midstream Admissions Procedure
Registration forms may be obtained from the school. The student is invited to sit for an entrance exam in Maths, English & Science and if he/she meets the requirement which is 60%, an Interview is then conducted. Parents are advised to contact the school at regular intervals to monitor the availability of admission vacancies
Midstream Admissions Requirements
Prior to admission, the parent/legal guardian of a transfer student must:
- Provide a certified copy of the student’s academic results/records and disciplinary record from the school previously attended. A student may be admitted conditionally if the parent/legal guardian provides the name and address of the school last attended and authorises the release of all academic and disciplinary records to Standard Foundation College.
- Disclose whether the student is currently serving a suspension or expulsion from school.
- Disclose whether the student has ever been adjudicated guilty of a felony.
Any student who is under suspension or expulsion in another school system will not be given any consideration for admission.
Candidates seeking admission at any other time during the year
We are happy to consider applications from candidates throughout the Year if the places are available in the Year Group applied for.
Usually, all batches of our examinations are conducted in the school premises at 10-16, Tosin Shobowale street, Ori- Okuta Estate, Agric Bus-stop, Ikorodu, Lagos.
Usually, our examination date changes. For the 2018/2019 Academic Session, Our entrance examinations will be in three batches, the dates are enunciated below:
- First Batch – 26th May, 2018
- Second Batch – 16th June, 2018
- Third Batch – 11 July, 2018